Monday 2 March 2009

UNTITLED




GARDENIA // UNTITLED
CD-R
edition of 16
2 tracks / 36:46

Spectral Shift
Blow Away Like Cosmic Dust


Two new compositions, not improvisations. Based in and around improvisation of themes and processes but definitely containing specific trajectories. These are the melding of many outlets and new directions.

-------

The artwork for these disc's was actually originally intended to be the artwork for HSII [here] but I decided to keep the Hemispheres discs consistent in appearance & presentation. Glad I saved them because they suit these much better. Strangely this disc is only 10 seconds shorter than HSII and the artwork methods are inverted. Also I originally stated that the next Gardenia release was going to be a 3" CD-R of a piece called 'Tides' but that couldn't be put together the way I wanted in the time I had. Hopefully that will be the next one.

--------

Most of these are already gone, as usual to friends and the few who have attended performances. I'll probably make some more as I would like to spread these ones around a bit more. Next performance is in the works for April 14th at The Supermarket in Kennsington. I'm putting together an ensemble for this, more as that comes together. I can promise at least 3 guitars and hope for 2 basses.



2 Comments:

Blogger TAAS said...

Very nice, i like the concept!!! with the packaging. Bye -Eus

3 March 2009 at 19:35  
Blogger Kevin Gan Yuen said...

how did this one go under my radar??

4 March 2009 at 02:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home