Sunday 21 September 2008

HEMISPHERES I






GARDENIA / Hemispheres I
40 min cd-r in a edition of 21 in handmade packaging.

These recordings are from the winter of 06-07 and while I think I've grown past what they are this release exists to document the beginning of this project and the process the music and ideas have gone through. Also just to clear up my own mental space. These particular recordings are heavily influenced by Tarentel, Tim Hecker, Earth, loops and repetition. These are mostly going to end up in the hands of friends, so if you want one let me know before they are gone. Hemispheres is going to be a series of releases containing most of the recordings I've done for Gardenia in the past 2 years.

Next release in the works at this very moment is a cassette for ORCINUS, which is the experimental other half of ORCA. Check out the link at the right for some sounds. That one is also some older material from around the same time period. It was recorded straight to 4rk in the practice space in the Fall of 06. Heavy, psych jams that fall deep into the black of outer space with some free jazz and tribal like drumming thrown in for good measure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brian, congrats on your disc. I am matt, the guy behind Bender magazine, working with graham on your article. I dig what you are doing, and want to include some photos/art with the article on your work. I like the fractal-like organic imagery you use for gardenia, I can see that working, and/or if you have any shots of you working your pedals/gear that would work too. If you send a bunch of things, we can go through them to see what works best with grahams writing. the higher the resolution the better. Does that sound ok?

cheers,

Matt

mattdurant [at] sympatico.ca

15 October 2008 at 12:19  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home